The Piltover Cup is ready to start! Read on to find formats, groups, match days and times and any other information you may need!
The following formats will apply to the Piltover Cup:
- Division 1 – 4 groups, each with 3-4 teams. Each team will play all other teams in their group in a Best of 3 match (Round Robin).
- Division 2 – 4 groups, each with 3 teams. Each team will play all other teams in their group in a Best of 3 match (Round Robin).
- Division 3 – 1 group, with 5 teams. The group will play out in a best of 3 Swiss Style format.
- Division 1 – The top 2 teams from each group will qualify for a Single Elimination bracket. Quarter and Semi finals will be Best of 3, with the finals being Best of 5.
- Division 2 – The top 2 teams from each group will qualify for a Single Elimination bracket. Quarter and Semi finals will be Best of 3, with the finals being Best of 5.
- Division 3 – The top 4 teams will qualify for a Single Elimination bracket. Semi finals will be Best of 3, with the finals being Best of 5.
At all stages of the Tournament we will be following the Schedule as laid out by Battlefy. If there is any confusion on what games must be played simply consult Battlefy or ask an Admin on our Discord Server.
The groups for each division have been created via random seeding. All teams have been assigned to the correct groups on Battlefy, but for clarity we’ve also included a list below.
|Group A||Group B||Group C||Group D|
|Nuclear Storm Gaming||Ferocity Esports||Bukafast Briagde V2||Aesir Gaming|
|Sentinel Gaming||Catalyst||She wants the D-Raven||Logistix|
|Phelan Gaming||Double Dorans Blayde||Jeek Squad||I’m leaving the call|
|Team AFC||Ohana Bonobos|
|Group A||Group B||Group C||Group D|
|Alpha Gaming||Same Gaming B||Hello Brother||KineticEn|
|Blikbrin’s Army||Korean V||The Orianna Grande’s||Instinct Gaming 1|
|Kuddle Yourself||Latin Magic Pandas||Kerchoo||Salt City Shakers|
|Team eSports Gaming|
|Same Gaming C|
|Instinct Gaming 2|
As we’ve said previously, all games in the tournament will be assigned a Match Day and time. For group stage matches, teams may opt to play before their match day or time if both sides agree, but if the teams can’t agree on a day or time the assigned Match Day and time is considered the default. We’ll also be exclusively broadcasting matches played on the Match Days. All playoff games must be played on the Match Day
Don’t forget, you’re only allowed to organise an alternate day or time via the Battlefy chat lobby! Go to the match on battlefy and use the “Private Message” function to arrange your time!
Here’s a full list of match days and times:
Group Stage Round 1:
- Division 1: Sunday July 9th @ 7PM Irish Standard Time
- Division 2: Sunday July 9th @ 4PM Irish Standard Time
- Division 3: Sunday July 9th @ 1PM Irish Standard Time
Group Stage Round 2:
- Division 1: Sunday July 16th @ 7PM Irish Standard Time
- Division 2: Sunday July 16th @ 4PM Irish Standard Time
- Division 3: Sunday July 16th @ 1PM Irish Standard Time
Group Stage Round 3:
- Division 1: Sunday July 23rd @ 7PM Irish Standard Time
- Division 2: Sunday July 23rd @ 4PM Irish Standard Time
- Division 3: Sunday July 23rd @ 1PM Irish Standard Time
We’ll be publishing a full schedule for Playoffs within the coming weeks. Keep an eye on our website, and our Facebook and Twitter for announcements! Also make sure to watch your emails, and the Battlefy Announcements section!
At Raid, we take tournament integrity very seriously, and make sure that the experience is fun and fair for players of all divisions. When players circumvent ranking restrictions, this negatively affects lots of other players. We’ve had the unfortunate circumstance of seeing considerable evidence of multiple players attempting to circumvent the ranking restrictions of the division system by deliberately tanking their in-game rank. The following players have been found to have deliberately lost games in order to reduce their rank and reach the rank requirements for lower divisions:
- Nureha Fox (Instinct Gaming 1)
- Taeyeohn (Same Gaming B)
- I am Taylor Swift (Kamikaze Overlords)
In the case of all of the above players, the teams have been contacted and given a chance to appeal the decision. However, the evidence is conclusive and we have decided on the following punishments:
- The players in question will received a 3 month ban from all RAID tournaments. This includes games other than League of Legends.
- The teams in question will have until 6PM on July 4th to replace these players on their rosters. In cases where there are substitutes available, the teams may opt not to replace the player. Where there are no substitutes available, if the team is unable to field a valid roster they will be required to withdraw from the tournament.
As this is our first tournament and these are all first time offences we were purposefully lenient in our punishments. However, as we’ve already said we take tournament integrity very seriously and will always do everything in our power to find and punish any player or team attempting to disrupt that integrity.
In light of further evidence we’ve received, the same punishment as the above players has been given to the following players:
- Moshingfox (Kamikaze Overlords)
- Irish eSports (Team eSports Gaming)
The teams in question have 24 hours from this post going live to replace the players.
We’d like to thank everyone who provided us with information on these issues. We will always hold the identities of anyone who comes forward with information fully private, as we appreciate that it’s difficult to do so in a small community. For those of you that did, thanks for helping us keep this tournament as fair as we can!
If you ever need to contact us about your account or another’s, please email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org